Monday, February 25, 2013

Cleanse Day 1

First, I would like to say something obvious.  People are fat because being healthy is hard.  I spent a number of hours yesterday planning and shopping and prepping and cooking.  At one point I had beets in the oven, 2 simmering concoctions on the stove, the blender whirring, and broccoli on the cutting board.  Every pot I own eventually landed in the sink.  I was working so diligently I even forgot to watch the Oscars.

It's so much easier to order pizza.

Normally I *try* to plan meals for the week.  Then life happens - I get home from work late, I'm really tired, and I make pasta and jarred sauce.  Sometimes if I'm fancy I throw in shredded carrots.  Or we eat carry-out.  It's easy to fall into the trap of the convenience food.

As for the cleanse, so far so good.  Mango tahini smoothie for breakfast, lentils and cabbage for lunch, and broccoli soup for dinner.  Supplemented with snacks.  A little hungry right now but not unbearable.  I am waiting for the Husband to cheat.  It's only a matter of time.


No comments:

Post a Comment