Wednesday, February 27, 2013

The Husband's Third Day

Today was the toughest day so far.  My team at work is supportive, but they are also taking time to give me a hard time during the day about what I'm eating and what I'm watching them eat.  Most of them eat fairly well, but today I was salivating at the food they had compared to what I had.  Not that what I had was bad, but it certainly wasn't what they had.

I called K this morning to tell her something and I told her she was going to be mad at me.  The first words out of her mouth were, "did you cheat."  I said no and we went on with our conversation.  I was really tired today and I spend most of my day on my feet and I noticed just how wiped out I was after I got up from my desk after an hour long conference call.

The word on the street is that the third and fourth day are the worst as far as fatigue is concerned.  I hope that changes quick because my body is telling me that I need to eat more which is tough when you are only eating fruits, vegetables, seeds, nuts, and lentils.  What makes it especially challenging for me is that I have never been a big fan of what I'm eating this week, but I'm getting through it.

Tonight for dinner we had a portobello mushroom covered with chard.  I must say I successfully ate everything and followed it up with a pineapple, strawberry, mango, and banana smoothie.  At this time, my favorite thing to have has been the smoothies.  I do have to say that adding so much fruit has allowed me to find a greater appreciation for it and I will continue to keep fruit as a part of my diet when we are finished.

Although today was the most difficult; I know, its only been three days.  I didn't cheat and I am eating foods that I thought I would never eat.  Score one for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment