Thursday, February 28, 2013

The Husband Wants Meat

Today really sucked.  I wanted to cheat so badly today.  I called K to tell her and she talked me out of it.  In retrospect, I shouldn't have called her at all and just cheated.  I have never really stopped to think about what I was going to eat for lunch; I would just get what I wanted.  Today, I craved something other than this week's offerings.  Anything would have worked, I was salivating at eating bacon or pizza.  It didn't matter, I was struggling.  I'm not really sure what I was going to do to get passed today. So I went to my office, shut the door and ate some more fruit and tried not to think about anything and relaxed for 20 minutes.

I'm very grumpy today and found my patience tested today.  I'm usually pretty upbeat and positive, but not only is this cleansing program different from a food perspective; it is mentally exhausting for me.  I fell asleep on the couch with our son sitting next to me as we were awaiting dinner.  Physically and mentally exhausted.

In other words, not having fun.  Can't wait until next week when I can have eggs and fish.

Here's to staying the course.

P.S.  I'm supposed to be funny on these posts.  I'll work on that; just not feeling overly humorous today.


No comments:

Post a Comment