Thursday, February 28, 2013

Cleanse Day 4: Dichotomy

Here's where we stand on day 4.  I feel AWESOME.  Is this how other people feel all the time?  Cause it's pretty fantastic.  I have energy past 7pm.  I don't feel as stressed.  I'm actually in a great mood.  Maybe I do have some sort of dairy or gluten sensitivity.

The Husband, on the other hand, feels like shit.  He is hungry, short-tempered, fatigued, and generally unpleasant.  The only thing making him happy is It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.  He hasn't been eating because he doesn't like the food.  He called me at work today saying he was ready to pass out.  When I asked what he ate, the answer was an apple, an orange, and some carrots.  His exact quote was "I just can't gnaw on vegetables all day like you can."

He is trying really hard.  This is a big adjustment.  To try to make it easier on him, I bought stuff to make guacamole.  I deviated from the action plan and made a citrus spaghetti squash salad from Serving Up the Bounty.  I made a bevy of snacks this evening to try to entice him.  The roasted spiced pumpkin seeds are delicious, as are the sweet potato chips.

He is still quite grumpy.  Ah, first world problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment